Students may volunteer at The Maryland Theatre to earn student service hours to count towards graduation requirements. Student volunteers must meet the following criteria:
- Students must be 16 years of age or older.
- Students must receive approval that volunteering as an usher will count towards their service hour requirements.
- Prior, to their first volunteer shift, students must meet with The Maryland Theatre staff to review safety and emergency policies.
- Adhere to The Maryland Theatre volunteer guidelines and policies.
- Students must be able to adhere to The Maryland Theatre Volunteer Dress Code
- Able to commit to at least five volunteer shifts for an entire semester (fall or spring)
- If students are unable to drive themselves- students must have arranged for transportation to and from their volunteer shift. Transportation must be prompt! Students should arrive 1 hour prior to the start of the performance or event and are permitted to leave at the end of the performance or event. The average student volunteer shift is approximately 4 hours- start to finish.
- Students must bring any form for signature or documentation for their service and present the form to Theatre Staff at the start of each shift. Staff will then return the form prior to the end of their shift.
If you wish to become a student volunteer at The Maryland Theatre, please contact Cheyenne Herson, Events Assistant by phone at 301-790-3500 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org